If you are an architect or prospective architect (for example, a student majoring in architecture) and you need a laptop for your architectural needs, then you have come to the right place. As per the title, this article will discuss laptop recommendations for architects.
Before going to the list of laptop recommendations, please note that there are many laptops on the market with various specifications. For the needs of architects themselves, the laptop specifications needed are higher specifications than laptops for other work needs.
The reason is, architects are closely related to various works of designing buildings, drawing, designing or processing rendering 3d. For these needs, you really need a laptop with features such as a middle to upper class processor, presence VGA card (not the graphics processor on the processor), and also a wider screen.
The need for a wide screen is closely related to a visual display because an architect definitely needs a wide screen. Apart from this, the battery factor should also be another reference. Laptops with longer battery life are certainly an attractive choice.
But, besides being durable, the battery must also last. For durability, you can pay attention to and maintenance of laptop battery don’t hurry drop. Without further ado, here’s a list of 10 laptop recommendations for architects.
1.Apple Macbook Pro 16 2021
- Screen: 16.2 inches, Liquid Retina XDR, 254 ppi (3456 x 2234), 1600 nits, 1 million:1 contrast ratio, 120 Hz
- Processors: M1 Pro (10 CPU cores: 8 Pcore + 2 Ecore; 16 neural engine cores) or M1 Max (10 CPU cores: 8 Pcore + 2 Ecore; 16 neural engine cores)
- Graphic Cards: 16 GPU cores (M1 Pro), 32 GPU cores (M1 Max)
- RAM: 32GB (M1 Pro), 64GB (M1 Max) unified memory
- Storage: 512GB or 1TB
- Optical Drives: –
- Connectivity: WiFi 6, Bluetooth 5
- Ports: 1x SDXC, 1x HDMI, 3x Thunderbolt 4, 1x 3.5mm audio jack, 1x MagSafe
- Battery: 99.6 Wh
Apple MacBook Pro 16 2021 launched with two chipsets, namely the M1 Max and M1 Pro. In computing capabilities, both variants chipsets it’s the same, both 10 CPU cores. Amount cores which is higher than the Apple M1 (8 cores), making the M1 Max and M1 Pro experience performance improvements of up to 3.7 times.
However, what distinguishes between the M1 Max and M1 Pro is the graphics processing capabilities. M1 Max is claimed to have graphics processing capabilities 4 times faster than M1 Pro, because it has more GPU cores. Even so, both of them are still qualified for graphic processing, including designing in the style of an architect.
To work on megaprojects, you will certainly be more comfortable if you use multiple external monitors, even though this laptop already has a large screen. Connecting to multiple monitors is possible because this laptop has 3 Thunderbolt ports plus 1 HDMI port.
On the other hand, some of you will question the optimization of x86-based applications that are actually designed for Intel processors. However, thanks to the Rosetta 2 emulator, laptops with chipsets This ARM-based can run your favorite applications smoothly. MacBook Pro 16 2021 can be owned starting from 38.8 million.
2. MSI Creator Z17
- Screen: 17″ 16:10 QHD+ 165Hz DCI-P3 100% Finger Touch panel (supports Pen Touch)
- Processors: Intel Core i9-12900H (14 cores: 6 P-cores, 8 E-cores, 20 threads, 3.8 GHz up to 5.00 GHz, 24M L3 Cache)
- Graphic Cards: NVIDIA GeForce RTX3070Ti Max-Q, GDDR6 8GB
- RAM: 32GB DDR5 (16GBx2)
- Storage: 2TB NVMe PCIe (2x M.2 SSD NVMe PCIe Gen4 slots)
- Optical Drives: –
- Connectivity: WiFi 6e, Bluetooth 5.2
- Ports: 1x SD Express Card Reader, 1x (8K@60Hz / 4K@120Hz) HDMI, 1x Type-A USB3.2 Gen2, 1x Type-C (USB / DP / Thunderbolt™ 4), 1x Type-C (USB / DP / Thunderbolt™ 4) with PD charging, 1x 3.5 mm audio jack
- Battery: 4-Cell, 90 Wh
MSI Creator Z17 has an elegant appearance. The body of this laptop is made using a CNC process, and has sleek edges and rounded corners. Inevitably this IDR 51.4 million laptop won the title of the most beautiful laptop at the Red Dot 2022 event.
Although beautiful, this laptop is intended for professionals, in this case creators, as the name suggests. This can be seen from the embedding of the 17-inch IPS screen, which has a high resolution, namely QHD. The screen is 100% DCI-P3 translucent with high color accuracy (delta E value below 2).
The 12th generation Intel Core i9 processor (Alder Lake), RTX 30 Ti Series GPU with Max-Q design, DDR5 RAM, and PCIe Gen 4 SSD also confirm how fast this laptop is. Especially to handle workloads with a high level of complexity.
However, not only contentcreatorsbusinessmen, and architects are suitable circles to use this thin laptop. gamers it’s also fine, considering that the MSI Creator Z17 has a screen refresh rate tall. It would be a shame if this laptop was not used to play games, including AAA games. It is not like that?
3. Acer ConceptD 3 Ezel Pro
- Screen: 14″ FHD, IPS, 340 nits, 100% sRGB
- Processors: Intel Core i7-11800H (8 cores 16 threads, 2.3 GHz up to 4.6 GHz)
- Graphic Cards: NVIDIA Quadro T1200 (4GB GDDR6 VRAM)
- RAM: 16GB DDR4 SDRAM
- Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen3, 8Gb/s ,NVMe
- Optical Drives: –
- Connectivity: Intel® Wireless Wi-Fi 6 AX201 with MU-MIMO + Bluetooth 5.0
- Ports: 1x HDMI, 2x USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A, 1x USB 3.2 Gen 2 type-C,
- Battery: 4-cell Li-Ion
Whether it’s architects or other creative industry actors, of course you can appreciate the form factor of the Acer ConceptD 3 Ezel Pro which is very flexible. Not only can it carry tablet or stand mode like most other convertible laptops, the Acer ConceptD 3 Ezel Pro can be “conjured” into a canvas stand.
The screen can be lifted to face up so that users can “paint” using the available stylus at an angle that is difficult to reach on laptops in general. Using this stylus is as accurate as using a regular brush or pen, different pressures will be applied strokes with different thicknesses.
It is known, the laptop screen supports as many as 4,096 levels of pressure sensitivity so that it can maximize flexibility in using the stylus. The display also supports a 100% sRGB color gamut with Delta E below 2 for accurate color reproduction, as well as a maximum brightness level of up to 340 nits for optimal readability when outdoors.
The presence of the NVIDIA Quadro T1000 graphics processing card is also intended to open a variety of 3D design applications, including architectural applications to 3D modeling. It is still capable of running some modern games but of course its performance is not as good as the GeForce series.
It’s only natural that this laptop is priced so expensive (Rp. 27 million), considering its unique features and wild specs. In the latest version, this laptop gets updates the processor from previously using the 10th generation Intel Core i7 to the faster 11th generation Core i7.